Saturday, November 1, 2008

Holy cow, I got an award.

Caroline, of Secondhand Shopper has bestowed me with the Honest Blogger Award. She's so sweet!

It's only taken me half a month to actually do my part!

So here are the rules: “When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or more) that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional). List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”

Here's who I award this to:

Barbie of I Heart 2 Girls
Nancy of Montrealaise en Californie

And here are my 10 honest things.

1. I only chose 2 people instead of 7 because I'm too shy to post on any of the other blogs that I read with an award/game like this. I'm blog shy I suppose. I have "known" Nancy & Barbie since 2005 and even met Barbie in person! Here's the proof:

Photobucket

2. I am an obsessive picker. I pick at scabs, pimples, dry skin, hangnails, etc. You get the picture. I had to use every ounce of my will power not to pick at my son's baby acne.

3. I am a horrible procrastinator. I often will not complete a task if there is no deadline. Sadly my motto is often: "If it weren't for the last minute, it wouldn't get done."

4. I often over-volunteer because I am a huge softie. I am on the board of directors of 2 local organizations. I am trying to coordinate several projects currently.

5. I am NOT a morning person. I love to sleep and do not like to get up. I once threatened my friends with death if they ever woke me with cheery song again.

6. I recycle at home and at the office. I fished bottles out of my newest employee's trash can because they could be recycled.

7. I love to read but don't make time for it. I have a problem because once I start reading something I tend to stay up all night and read it until I am done. This doesn't really work well with my love of sleeping.

8. I am not religious, but I try to live by the golden rule.

9. I feel like I actually look better in person than I photograph. Maybe I'm just vain or maybe I have some type of reverse body dysmorphic disorder. Or, perhaps I'm just overly critical of my own pictures.

10. I love to take really hot showers. I look like a lobster when I get out of the shower. Unfortunately, I have really dry skin and those hot showers don't do me any favors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh god - I'm a picker too! Anything and everything, dry skin, scabs, and esp my cuticles. I really need to stop - even I know that eating my own skin is disgusting!

Bar-b said...

what agreat picture of our kids!!! And us of course ;) I am totally going to do this asap.

When are you TTC? Just askin'