Thursday, November 20, 2008
I love these pants. They are grey and turquoise tweed from BCBG. The cami is from JCPenney, and the cardigan is from Casual Corner.
My jewelry was bought while on vacation in New Orleans. I am not sure if the boutique survived Hurricane Katrina or not. I sure hope so. The artist used Swaroski crystals strung on turquoise metal wires. I should take a close up for all the great detail. This jewelry is special to me because I bought it while I was pregnant, and just a couple of months before New Orleans was hit by Katrina. Lots of memories for me in this necklace!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I did go this afternoon for a massage, so that helped the pain in the back some.
I was out late last night, so I'm looking forward to an early bedtime tonight. Well, 11 is late when you have a 3 year old who gets up before the chickens!
Monday, November 10, 2008
I saw the movie "Changeling" this weekend while away on my girl's weekend. It was a good movie with fabulous costumes. I particularly loved the hats worn by Angelina Jolie.
Go check out the pictures on www.changelingmovie.net to see many of the great costumes.
I hope I can find a hat as gorgeous as this one. I'm on the hunt!
I'm not loving this outfit, but it was OK for a rainy, busy Monday mostly spent at my desk catching up on a week's worth of email. These pants aren't the best, but I'm currently in my "fat" pants. Sigh.
I do LOVE my green coat. I got it last year after Christmas at Banana Republic.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I am here to talk about Michelle Obama's dress for the election night. It was bad, and apparently, I am not the only one to think so. It did not flatter her figure and in some shots, even made her look poochy/pregnant. Watch out for the gossip rags spreading those rumors soon.
My husband said that the dress looked like she just slaughtered a pig without an apron before going on stage.
The dress was designed by Narciso Rodriguez. Here is a photo of what it originally looked like when walking down the runway this fall. I concede that the original is probably a bit too sexy for the first lady-elect's appearance on election night. But, I think that she could have done much better.
What happened to the pretty lady in the purple dress and pearls from the Democratic Convention?
I read that Ms. Obama does not wish to have a stylist. I totally understand and admire that. Dressing up is fun! Who wants someone else telling you what to wear? I will just hope that this dress was a temporary lapse in her fashion sense and hope that she can get back to her polished, pretty style ASAP.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Caroline, of Secondhand Shopper has bestowed me with the Honest Blogger Award. She's so sweet!
It's only taken me half a month to actually do my part!
So here are the rules: “When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or more) that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional). List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”
Here's who I award this to:
Barbie of I Heart 2 Girls
Nancy of Montrealaise en Californie
And here are my 10 honest things.
1. I only chose 2 people instead of 7 because I'm too shy to post on any of the other blogs that I read with an award/game like this. I'm blog shy I suppose. I have "known" Nancy & Barbie since 2005 and even met Barbie in person! Here's the proof:
2. I am an obsessive picker. I pick at scabs, pimples, dry skin, hangnails, etc. You get the picture. I had to use every ounce of my will power not to pick at my son's baby acne.
3. I am a horrible procrastinator. I often will not complete a task if there is no deadline. Sadly my motto is often: "If it weren't for the last minute, it wouldn't get done."
4. I often over-volunteer because I am a huge softie. I am on the board of directors of 2 local organizations. I am trying to coordinate several projects currently.
5. I am NOT a morning person. I love to sleep and do not like to get up. I once threatened my friends with death if they ever woke me with cheery song again.
6. I recycle at home and at the office. I fished bottles out of my newest employee's trash can because they could be recycled.
7. I love to read but don't make time for it. I have a problem because once I start reading something I tend to stay up all night and read it until I am done. This doesn't really work well with my love of sleeping.
8. I am not religious, but I try to live by the golden rule.
9. I feel like I actually look better in person than I photograph. Maybe I'm just vain or maybe I have some type of reverse body dysmorphic disorder. Or, perhaps I'm just overly critical of my own pictures.
10. I love to take really hot showers. I look like a lobster when I get out of the shower. Unfortunately, I have really dry skin and those hot showers don't do me any favors.
I started today by taking my car in to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. I ran errands and then came home and made lunch. This afternoon, I started cleaning out my coupon pile and made a grocery list and meal plan for the week. I have a stack of coupon inserts that is literally a foot tall on top of my dresser. It is not cute with my decor people! I need to get rid of all of these coupons that are expired and just taking up space.
Here are some of my other goals for the month:
Clear the clutter from the kitchen, dining room, and bedroom.
Clean out my closet (Barbie or Nancy, want to come help? ;) )
Organize my bathroom and throw out old stuff I don't use.
Pack up G's clothes that are too small.
Clean out my car.
There are other things that I'm sure I'll add to the list, but this is what I've got on the brain at the moment.